Tips for Preventing the Need for Queensbury Emergency AC Service
No one wants to be in a position where they need emergency AC service in Queensbury or other surrounding areas. And any reputable and caring local company does not want their customers to be in that situation. So the best way to avoid it is to learn about what you can do to prevent this need from arising. An important step to avoid needing this type of repair work is making sure your system stays in fully operational order by scheduling regular inspections and tune-ups.
This is where the 80/20 rule comes into play. The idea is that if you invest 80% of the care into your system as preventative service you should only need 20% or less of emergency AC service. Aside from bringing in a professional to regularly maintain your system, there are some steps you can do yourself.
You should certainly have an ongoing, working relationship with a reputable Queensbury residential or commercial heating and cooling specialist. But in between visits, here are some steps you can take to monitor the health and well being of your own HVAC system:
- Look for leaks – Obviously, water or pooling of water around the system is something your professional AC repairman should be made aware of.
- Filters – These should be changed or at least cleaned each month.
- Check for cracks – Cracks or any broken sealants around the furnace or AC unit are another red flag.
- Inspection – Take a look at areas like filters, blowers, coils and ducts to see what needs cleaning.
- Outdoor Handlers – It is a good idea to frequently check this area as grass or other organic matter or debris commonly cause problems preventing your system from working properly.
Of course you should also be aware of the 3 telltale signs that you do need emergency AC repair:
- Noise – Any loud noise should be checked out and certain noises, like screeching sounds, mean you should shut off the system until a professional can look at it.
- Weakened Airflow – If you have installed new filters and the airflow still is not what it normally is, call a pro before the problem gets worse.
- Lack of cool air – If there is a lack of cool air or it is taking longer to get to cool than usual, get repair work ASAP.
At PGR Mechanical we have been taking care of services like Queensbury emergency AC service since even before starting our own business in 2010. So we know what it takes to get the job done. Call us today so we can inspect your system and prevent the need for emergency repairs.